Self Imposed Dolly Diet

Hello out there, lol. I still exist. I realized that I haven't been keeping up with my blog. My last post was in May..WHAT!? Over the past 5-6 months I've been sticking to my selling plan. This post is just explaination no pictures.  If you wish to continue please read on :O)


I have put myself on a self imposed dolly diet. My doll habit has been out of control for years. I closed my storage unit and WOW is an understatement. I have an overabundance of dolls. The levels of dolls and all that goes with it have taken their toll.


For those of you who don't understand let me explain. There are levels:
1. Project doll: The project doll is that doll you buy and say oh all she/he needs is a new hair color or insert fixable issue. I had way too many. I started selling them off. I had heads, bodies, and whole dolls that have left and are leaving.
2. Have to get: This is the doll you may have picked up on sale because of the shirt, dress, shoes, or whatever you needed at that moment. The issue with the get doll is that once you get what you wanted you were supposed to sell, trade, or donate the rest. I didn't do that either. I have way too many get dolls slated for the door.
3. Me too: The doll you bought because Susie got it. I was in competition to find dolls because they were out and I had to be in with the finds.


I looked around and checked myself late 2014. I made the decision to forego conventions and doll shows (unless I was selling). I haven't been to a Fashion Royalty convention since 2014 but that doesn't mean I didn't buy. I managed to get several items from the 2015 Cinematic convention. I may have posted about it. I still have a few dolls that I loved but sold off half from then. Fast forward to 2016 Supermodel FR convention. I'm super proud of me I bought 3 items. I bought 1 doll and 2 outfits all from the Color Infusion line.


I have been looking at things with a different perspective for a while now. I have way TOO MUCH. It took a moment for me to really catch on.  I have decided to shop at home, literally. I have forgotten most items I had in storage but the journey continues. WIP over here. I will brave another post of my mess soon. I do buy but the difference is I no longer buy anything that is not a definite want. If I buy anything new I have to love it better than one I own. One in three out is my new motto ;O)

Comments

  1. I am proud of you for doing this. I need to do the same thing. My doll club is having a doll show and sale in May, so I hope to unload a lot of them by selling there. Many blessings on your dolly diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that motto! One in, three out. Sometimes having too many dolls keeps us from seeing and appreciating fully the ones we love best. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I've set some goals myself along these lines and your post encourages me to stick with it. Email me if you ever need a support buddy. We could form a 12 step program. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good motto! Hold strong!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creatable World Takeover

Guess Who?

I Just Couldn't Resist