Containers, Boxes, & Bags..Oh My

As I go through my massive collection I've noticed an ongoing theme containers, boxes, & bags. Over the years I've bought varying sizes of containers for storage of dolls, their clothing, & furniture. I also noticed that I accumulated several plastic bags. In my earlier attempts of organization the quickest holder was a plastic bag. When I look around I notice an abundance of plastic bags and let's not forget those cardboard boxes. We're all guilty of using that box that other dolls came in to hold other dolls. As I open containers, boxes, & bags I find some items I've been searching for and others I thought were sold.

To refresh my memory this was my starting point when I opened my door of horrors. This was the result of letting a non-collector "help" me store some things.

 
 
No one loves your collection like you do, unless you should have another collector as your signifigant other. Once I opened my eyes and started this task I had the illusion that I could be done with this in under 6 months (insert maniacal laugh here). I'm no Martha Stewart so without a team of experts I'm on my own. I realize this will take me about a year or so to do this correctly. All this overflow & excess is slowly but surely making it's way to ebay.  I want it to one day get to my mecca
 

These are not mine but you get the idea of what I want to achieve :O)

Comments

  1. Anika, if the dolls were not different, I would feel you'd photographed my stuff ;-)

    Sigh. Oh, yes. Welcome to the I've-been-collecting-for-years zone. I would help, if I could - yes, lol, safe offer to make a few states over, huh? Instead I offer sympathy and understanding and wishes for your eventual success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, one who understands my pain LOL. I want to get to that organized state of bliss I hear some speak of. I am determined to get there.

      Delete
  2. You have all my support, I perfectly know what it means

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good look! It will be beautiful when your finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait for the finish line :O)

      Delete
  4. When did you stop by my apartment? I know my stuff anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, we all get that deja vu looking at these pics :O)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creatable World Takeover

Guess Who?

New Year New Rules...same rules really, lol