Tropicalia 2012 Recap - Part I

The convention was held at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando, Florida. We arrived at the hotel on early Wednesday afternoon. This was the view from our room inside & out. 

balcony shot outside

Gorgeous right :O) Here are some shots of the lobby. There are some beautiful Asian themed items there.  I love the jade ship in the lobby.
view from balcony inside hotel


My travel dolls I chose for this trip were Nadja & Erin. Erin sort of got waylaid as it took too much time to redress two dolls everyday, so Nadja got the full time job as it were. Reese belongs to my friend & convention roommate Cecile of Chynadoll Creations  fame (adorable isn't she?).
Nadja
Erin
Reese
Day 1 - Room shopping was 1st then hit the meet & greet by the pool. No pictures but a fun time was had by me. I was even mistaken for someone famous..LOL. Not sure who they thought I was but I made 3 new friends

Day 2 - Thursday
Was up bright and early for registration (7 am) then hit the line for the souvenir shop. The shop opened at 1 and we stayed put there for over 5 hours (dedication people or is it insanity). Here's a pic of the display that greeted us when they opened the doors for the line. This is the convention collection.
I will let you in on who came home with me in Part II. I promise it won't be a long wait. I'm still sorting pictures. I'll even give you a glimpse into who/what I managed to cross off my list of grails

Comments

  1. Hey roomie:) what fun! Great pics! So looking forward to next years;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this reportage, I'm looking forward for the rest.
    Yesterday I receveid my Reese doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good recap! Love your pics. I am still on cloud 9. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: I like to see the photos of the convention. Your hotel is gorgeous. I can’t wait to see your purchases! Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the convention was great fun. Looking forward to the rest of your pics and seeing what you came home with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent recap! Looks like there was a Jem doll, but I cant tell which one is supposed to be her or maybe she is out of the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Marta, that is a georgeous hotel! What great doll fun you two had! I want to see the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your photos and your time, part 1. I LOVE that new Adele with the strong nose and BIG hair. Sigh. Not likely to get her or anytime soon, but THANKS for sharing.

    So looking forward to your next post.

    Nosy D ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks for this post. Me and the rest of those who can't come to the convention (too expensive;I'm coming from Manila, Philippines...) are very thankful for you guys who blog about the fun activities :) I agree with D7ana, the Adele is astonishing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creatable World Takeover

Guess Who?

I Just Couldn't Resist